WHAT IS MINDFULNESS MEDITATION?
Mindfulness meditation means paying attention – deliberately paying attention to the present moment without judging it.
JOIN ME AND OTHERS IN A FREE DAILY ONLINE PRACTICE SESSION
Suitable all including beginners
To join us, just sign up on the left
PLUS get a free 16-page ebook How to Practice in Challenging Times with 21 different informal practices to try at home.
How can paying attention be helpful?
Most of us spend the majority of time either stuck in the past with
events that can’t be changed, or thinking about the future – caught up
in the dream tangle of ‘If only...’
When we are stuck in the past or caught up in the possibilities
of the future we are not present and we miss so many of the moments
that make up our life.
We can learn to cultivate awareness of the
present moment by practising mindfulness – through formal and informal
You can learn how to practise secular mindfulness
meditation online in group sessions with live teacher interaction and support.
I also offer workplace tasters and sessions around the country.
If you would like to experiment with informal practices, download my free pdf How to Practice in Challenging Times
Who is this mindfulness for?
Mindfulness meditation has been shown to be helpful for all of us –
whether we are suffering from physical or emotional pain or simply the
‘full catastrophe’ of life, that is, the joys and sorrows of being
We all suffer from stress at some point in our lives and learning to be
present can make our lives feel richer and more fulfilling and help us
manage the ups ands downs of everyday life.
Registration is open for my next course here
- Ways you can find out more about mindfulness: taster sessions and workshops, as well as courses.
- The content of the 8-week ‘Stress Reduction through Mindfulness’ Course, as well as dates and times.
- Who this course is suitable for
- Dates, times and prices for ’Meditation Maintenance’ – a follow-on support course for graduates of the 8-week course
- Mindfulness in the Workplace - how mindfulness meditation can help us in our working day.
What people say
- What participants have learned from taking the 8-week course
- What the media says
Further information on
- The Buddhist origins of the 8-week course
- The development of Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) by Jon Kabat-Zinn and colleagues at the University of Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
- The development of Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) for the prevention of relapse in depression by Mark Williams, John Teasdale and Zindel Segal
- Research and the evidence base
Resources to support your practice
- Recommended books & CDs
- Meditation equipment
- Benefits of mindfulness, the research
- The benefits of mindfulness are shown in research
- Learn how to meditate in this 8-week course in central London
- A proven secular course to teach you how to meditate. Stress Reduction through Mindfulness can help with a wide range of physical and psychological illnesses and is based on mindfulness-based stress r
- course feedback
- Read course feedback from previous participants: what they have thought about the course, how it helped them and what they learned.
- Meditation Maintenance: Follow-on Classes
- A follow-on course for graduates of the Stress Reduction through Mindfulness course (the '8-week course')
- Feedback on the Follow-on Course
- Feedback from participants attending the Follow-on Course
- Mindful Drawing
- Mindful Drawing is an exploration of drawing as meditation
- Anna Black: Mindfulness Meditation teacher in central London
- Find out more about Anna Black and the 8-week Stress Reduction through Mindfulness course she teaches in central London
- Mindfulness Books by Anna Black
- Accessible introductory guides to mindfulness meditation by Anna Black
- Contact Anna Black to find out more about the 8-week <b>Stress Reduction through Mindfulness</b> courses held in central London
- With this free meditation Anna Black guides you through a Breathing Space - a versatile meditation you can do any time, any where to bring yourself into the present moment.
- Privacy Notice
- Find out what data I collect and how I use it